Search Our Help and Support Center for Answers
How do I start downloading with Pure Usenet?
First, sign up for a plan with Pure Usenet. We recommend the Pure XXL plan because it has unlimited speeds and 20 connections.
Then, download a newsreader so you can search, post, and download on Usenet. We list a few different newsreaders in our configurator but this list is not all inclusive.
Finally, you’ll use your Pure Usenet credentials on your selected newsreader to begin accessing Usenet.
How can I improve my download speeds?
If you're not on a Pure XXL plan we suggest giving that a look. Unlimited speed can make a huge impact in how fast you download.
We also have a few tips on how you can improve your download speeds overall:
- Reset of your modem/router (power off, and on again after a short time)
- Your antivirus software and/or firewall may prevent you from getting a maximum speed. Try turning these off temporarily.
- Make sure that you're using all your available connections within your package?
- Go to www.speedtest.net. Is your internet speed as you expected?
- Does your news client automatically repair and unpack in the background? Maybe turn these functions off.
- Check for other processes on your computer that might be using much computing power, or are too much of a burden on your internet connection.
- Is anyone else using your internet connection?
- Could your account be used by others? Please consider changing your password.
- Is your internet provider experiencing maintenance or downtime.
- Additionally note, if you are using a VPN your speed may be reduced.
How to post to Usenet?
Please contact support to enable posting for your account. Once the support team member has enabled posting you can restart your news client and posting will be enabled.
Where do I find my Pure Usenet server
Your Pure Usenet server details can be found in several places. First, your welcome email should include all of the server details. If for some reason you did not receive this welcome email double check your account's email settings. In addition to the welcome email the server details can be found in the main My Pure admin once you login. If you're still having issues locating your server details please contact support.
How do I update my payment type or information?
Please visit pureusenet.nl/en/member, you will be able to update your saved payment information here. Additionally you can find this link in your My Pure admin panel by clicking on the "Change Payment Information" button. If you do not have saved payment informaiton and wish to start a subscription, click on the "Extend/Upgrade" button, and check out as normal. Be sure to leave the subscription checkbox checked to get an additional 20% DISCOUNT and keep your subscription running.
How long does it take for a payment to be processed?
All payment types are processed directly on your account. These payment methods include: Credit Card, iDEAL, SEPA Direct Debit, and Sofort.
What happens if my payment fails?
If your saved payment method fails to charge for your subscription we will send you an email to alert you. Once you've logged back into your account click on the "Extend/Upgrade" button, and check out as normal. Be sure to leave the subscription checkbox checked to get an additional 20% discount and keep your subscription running.
What payment methods does PureUsenet accept?
The available payment types depend upon country of origin as well as the account type you have selected. For recurring plans we accept: credit cards, and SEPA based direct debit. Non-recurring plans include these as well as: iDeal direct debit, Sofort, PaySafe Card.